Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Connected Educator Profile (Day 15) - Andrew Eickstead - San Antonio, Texas

The United State Department of Education has declared the month of October Connected Educator Month. According to ConnectedEducators.org,  the website set up to support this event, the Mission of Connected Educator Month is to  promote educators learning and collaborating through online communities of practice and social networks.With this in mind I reached out to my Personal Learning Network (PLN) via Twitter, my favorite resource for connecting, and tweeted the following:
As is normally the case, my network came through! When I have a question on an educational topic or want some feedback for one of my crazy ideas, I have a network of amazing educators at my fingertips that never cease to amaze me. Being a "Connected Educator" is awesome!

Today's Connected Educator Profile

Andrew Eickstead, San Antonio, Texas

English, Robotics, Technology


Why do you choose to be a connected educator?
Implementing iPads at our high school means our teachers need the resources to best utilize the technology tools at our fingertips. Part of my job is to connect our teachers to the resources (often other teachers) to elevate our teaching and learning process to the highest level.  
Where can other educators connect with you online? 
Andrew's Blog - pushingthepractice.wordpress.com
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment