Friday, June 27, 2014

I'm Off To Camp! #PTcamp is Underway

With the school year having just ended, I am excited to veer off into a few personal learning endeavors that I hope will help me grow as a learner and as a school leader. My first undertaking this summer is the start of a six-week online experience called #PTcamp which centers around Beyond the Bake Sale, the Essential Guide to Family/school Partnerships.  This free and open course involves 100 educators from around the world and will include Anne Henderson and Karen Mapp for discussions about different topics from the book.


Thanks to Joe Mazza, the Innovation Leadership Manager at the University of Pennsylvania's Graduate School of Education, for orchestrating this whole experience! You can see an overview of the entire #PTcamp here on the Institute for Educational Leadership's website. I will be sharing the experience here with the ultimate hope of improving the way our district involves families in the education of their students.  In my next post, I will share a brief survey for Burlington Public School's families in the hopes of validating my own opinion of where we currently stand in regards to the type of school district we are when it comes to involving our families.

For anyone who would like to jump into this conversation now, I encourage you to jump in on Twitter and use the hashtag #PTcamp.  If you are someone who has not taken the time to get into Twitter then check out this great Twitter 101 e-Course for parents and educators that Joe created. 



No comments:

Post a Comment