Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Where Do We Stand In Burlington In Regards To Family-School Partnerships?

Last Friday, I explained my involvement in a summer learning experience called #PTCamp.  This six-week summer book discussion centers around the book Beyond the Bake Sale, the Essential Guide to Family/school Partnerships. The discussion has been amazing so far with 100 educators from around the globe sharing their thoughts and resources on improving the way schools build partnerships with families.  

One of my favorite resources from chapters 1 and 2 is the rubric that was created to help schools see where they currently stand in regards to building a partnership with their families. My personal feeling is that we have Open-Door Schools in Burlington and have some work to do to get to the Partnership School status. Of course, I can't help wondering if parents feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment